Historians, museum chronicle story of WWII POW camp in Orem

During World War II, the Utah Farm Labor Association and the State of Utah, built a labor camp at 1000 North 800 East in Orem to house hundreds of prisoners of war to help with harvesting the crops. The five-acre POW compound held three large barracks, a mess hall and kitchen, a commissary, offices and shower rooms and latrines. There were also six large tent-top cabins that housed prisoners. It was dismantled in 1970. Courtesy photo
February 20, 2010 12:04 am