Shows this year:
"Bitter Lemon," June 13-29 -- a new show commissioned for the Fest by Melissa Leilani Larsen
- The first show to open at the Creekside on June 13th is a new play being commissioned for the fest written by Utah based playwright and screenwriter Melissa Leilani Larsen (Jane and Emma, Freetown, Sweetheart Come, Happy Little Secrets, Martyr’s Crossing, Pilot Program). This play, that is yet to be titled, is different than anything you’ve seen on stage before. This two person drama will be performed each night by actors know just as much about the play as you do. Which is nothing.
"Macbeth," June 17-July 1 -- by William Shakespeare
- William Shakespeare’s timeless tragedy Macbeth will open on June 17. Macbeth, a brave Scottish general meets and is prophesied to by a band of witches that one day he will become the King of Scotland. Realizing his growing ambition and encouraged by his equally if not more ambitious wife, Macbeth murders the King and takes the Scottish throne for himself. The bloodbath and consequent civil war swiftly take us into a world of insanity and destruction.
"Peter and the Starcatcher," June 18-28 -- by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
- The final play to open on June 18th is the much loved play, Peter and the Starcatcher. This Tony Award winning play has pleased millions of people young and old as they follow the adventures of young Molly Astor as she helps protect her father’s secret star stuff from evil pirates with the help of a nameless boy and his crazy lost friends.
In 2014 the Highland and Cedar Hills City Arts councils formed a partnership with the goals of bringing good, thought provoking and family friendly theatre to Utah County and providing an opportunity for members in these and surrounding communities to participate in many different ways in live theatre. In 2015, the decision was made to form the Creekside Theatre Fest to be able to better achieve these original goals. The 2016 inaugural season consisted of 2 shows with hopes and plans to expand to 3 shows during the summer running in a true repertory by 2018. After the 2016 season, The Cedar Hills Arts Council took over full control of the Fest. Starting in 2017, the Creekside Theatre Fest began paying stipends to it's performers in order to assure the highest quality of theatre in Utah County. In 2018 The Creekside Theatre Group was incorporated to help further the goals of the Creekside Theatre Fest. With the help of additional funding from Cedar Hills City, the Creekside Theatre Fest has achieved it's goal to run 3 shows in true repertory in 2018. So come bring your family and a blanket and watch great theatre with us under the stars at the beautiful Heritage Park Amphitheater and the Creekside Theatre Fest!
- Occurred Thursday, June 13th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm
- Occurs Saturday, June 29th, 2019 @ 9:00 pm
- Occurred Monday, June 17th, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
- Occurred Monday, June 17th, 2019 @ 8:00 pm
- Occurred Tuesday, June 18th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm