Power outage stock

Power has been restored after about 4,500 customers from 3300 N. University Avenue to Bulldog Avenue in Provo were left without power this afternoon.

Provo Power crews reported a bird came in contact with electrical wires and was then electrocuted at about 4:15 p.m.

The bird caught on fire and when it fell, it started a grass fire by the poles, said Kat Linford, Provo Power spokeswoman.

Power was restored at about 5 p.m.

More information will be released as it is made available.

Daily Herald reporter Genelle Pugmire can be contacted at gpugmire@heraldextra.com, (801) 344-2910, Twitter @gpugmire

See what people are talking about at The Community Table!