Below are the latest cancellations and closures in Utah County in relation to the spread of COVID-19:
Closures, cancellations as of March 16
- Eagle Mountain City is canceling the city's Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 11 and will postpone the Community Cleanup until further notice.
- The Stadium Cinemas theater will close after the 7 p.m. showing Monday evening.
- The Miss Santaquin Pageant has been postponed. A future date will be announced.
- The Santaquin Library is closed to resident access. Starting Tuesday, March 17, curbside pickup will be available from 1-6 p.m on weekdays and 10 a.m.-1:45 p.m. on Saturdays.
- All sports leagues in Santaquin will be postponed for two weeks.
As of March 16, all Utah County Commission meetings will be accessed via the Utah County YouTube channel. Public comment will be available through dial-in, according to a press release. Information about dialing in will be listed on utahcounty.gov.
In the press release, the commission strongly encouraged that residents access county services online, by email or by phone, if they are able to do so.
Changes in access to various county facilities will be posted throughout the respective buildings, the press release said.
Outside Utah County
All LDS Church historic sites are closed. This includes the following locations: Cove Fort Historic Site, Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial, Kanesville Tabernacle, Kirtland historic sites, Missouri historic sites, Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters, Nauvoo historic site and Carthage Jail, New York historic sites, Pennsylvania historic sites, San Diego Mormon Battalion Historic Site, St. George area historic sites, Mormon Handcart Historic Site in Wyoming. At some places, such as the Sacred Grove, the grounds will remain open so visitors can walk through. However, guided tours will not be provided at these locations.
Closures, cancellations as of March 14
Classes at BYU are canceled for March 13-17. All classes resuming March 18 will be done through remote instruction. Students are encouraged to consider leaving campus and returning home.
BYU’s commencement and convocation services for April have been canceled.
BYU’s devotionals and forum addresses for the semester have been canceled.
All BYU athletic events at BYU’s campus have been suspended.
All gatherings and performances, concerts, public lectures and conferences on campus at BYU have been canceled.
BYU’s Women’s Conference scheduled for April 30-May 1 will not be held on campus. Streaming options may be available.
Starting March 23, Utah Valley University will offer most if its classes in an online format for the duration of spring semester.
All university-sponsored events, conferences and large gatherings between March 16 and May 1 will be postponed or canceled.
All non-essential university-related travel will be canceled.
Alpine School District
The Alpine School District will adjust hours on March 16-17 to allow teachers time to train for potential need for online learning. Monday and Tuesday will operate on minimal day hours and will have early release times. Preschool and kindergarten will not be held.
Starting Monday, March 16, all Utah High School Activities Association spring activities are suspended for at least two weeks.
Provo Missionary Training Center
Missionaries scheduled to enter the Provo Missionary Training Center of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be trained remotely as a temporary measure.
The Provo City Senior Center is closed and senior group activities and services are canceled effective immediately. Provo officials say all closures will be re-evaluated on a day-to-day basis.
All programs designated for kids aged 6 and under and senior adults at the Provo Recreation Center, The Peaks Ice Arena and the Covey Center for the Arts are suspended. this includes senior pass-related activities and classes, Elder Quest, Senior Lunch, swim lessons, child watch, youth community classes, sports programming and dance programming.
-All city-sponsored performances at Covey Center for the Arts and all city-sponsored group activities at the Provo Library at Academy Square will start March 13. Any previously contracted private events at city facilities will be evaluated on an individual basis with private parties.
-All public events on the current calendar through March 31 are cancelled or postponed including Orem Public Library events, theCensus 2020 kickoff and the Senior Center Grammys.
-The March 18 Planning Commission and March 31 City Council meeting will be electronic meetings.
- There will be a soft closure for the Orem City Center, Public Safety, Orem City Center, Public Safety Building, Fire Stations, Public Works and associated facilities. These buildings will be open for city business, however, residents, contractors, tour groups, student classes, patrons, etc., will be encouraged to work with the city during this period in a way other than in person.
- The Orem Library, Orem Senior Friendship Center and the Orem Fitness Center (downstairs in the Senior Center) are closed through March 31.
- All sports programming and leagues under the direct control of the City of Orem will be postponed until after March 31. This does not include programs under the leadership of Orem Youth Baseball, Orem Youth Soccer, etc., as the governance of these co-sponsored groups are not with the City of Orem.
Lehi City will be closing all public programs for the next two weeks, including programs at the Lehi Library, Lehi Literacy Center, Lehi Senior Center, Legacy Center, youth community classes, sports programming and dance programming.
- The Pleasant Grove Senior Center will close on Monday, March 16 for two weeks.
- The Pleasant Grove Recreation Center and Pleasant Grove Library will close at 4 p.m. on Friday, March 13 through March 30. All recreation and library programs and events will be postponed.
- The American Fork Fitness Center is closed as of Friday, March 13, including all programs, classes, activities.
- All American Fork outdoor recreation programs will be postponed starting March 13.
- All activities and reservations at the American Fork Senior Center will be canceled starting March 13, but meals will still be offered for qualifying seniors.
- The American Fork Library will be canceling all scheduled programming and room reservations as of March 13, but the library will remain open.
- All scheduled tours of the American Fork police and fire stations are canceled.
- The Eagle Mountain Public Library will close starting Saturday, March 14 until further notice.
- All activities, including the meal service program, will be canceled for Eagle Mountain Senior Citizens until further notice.
-The Miss Eagle Mountain Pageant scheduled for March 14 has been postponed and tentatively rescheduled for May 23.
- The remainder of the Jr. Jazz season in Eagle Mountain has been canceled.
- All recreation programs in Saratoga Springs will be postponed starting March 16. The Jr. Jazz Championship on March 14 will continue.
- The Saratoga Springs Library will remain open for check-out through Friday, March 13, but will close on March 14. Limited check-out service will be available starting March 16.
- All city-sponsored events are canceled or postponed until further notice.
- The Lindon City Senior Center will close effective Monday, March 16 and will remain closed until the end of the month.
- All sports and recreation programs, classes, events and rentals are postponed through March 31.
- Fingerprinting services at the Lindon City Police Department will not be provided through the end of the month.
- The Springville Senior Center is closed, and Clyde Recreation Center programs for seniors are canceled.
- Springville Library and Springville Museum of Art programs anticipating more than 100 attendees are on hiatus until further notice.
- Santaquin is suspending all programming for senior citizens and child care its recreation facility. All other recreation programs will continue.
- The Storytime Program at the Santaquin Library will be suspended.
- All activities at the Spanish Fork Senior Center will be canceled, including classes, programs and lunches.
- The animal Vaccination and Licensing Clinic scheduled for Saturday, March 14 is postponed until a later date.
- The Spanish Fork Youth Theatre's production of "Frozen Jr." scheduled for March 24-28 is postponed.
- The Parks and Recreation Master Plan Public Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 16 is postponed.
Hale Center Theater Orem
All performances between March 16 and March 28 have been canceled. Additional performances of ‘Matilda’ will be added March 30, April 2, April 6 and April 9.
The Ag Day Celebration scheduled for March 14 and the Dino Day scheduled for March 28 have been postponed.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced the cancellation of all church meetings effective immediately until further notice. This includes Sunday church worship services and activities.
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, Provo
All church-related meetings and classes have been canceled through the end of March, at which point a re-evaluation will take place and worship plans will be updated and shared.
St. Peters Catholic Church, American Fork
Due to concerns over the COVID-19 virus, all meetings have been canceled until the end of March. Meetings will be re-evaluated at that time.
American Fork Presbyterian Church
American Fork Presbyterian is a small congregation and will meet March 15. Church leaders are encouraging their older members to take caution. The church is anticipating streaming service remotely.
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, Deseret Industries stores will be temporarily closed to the general public for shopping and donations but will remain open to support the needs of individuals served by bishops’ orders and community partner grants.