homepage logo
SUBSCRIBE

Community

Money Matters: 13 finance tools and apps to reduce holiday spending

Backed-up ports, an overworked trucking industry, labor shortages and high demand mean that you may not be able to rely on your Christmas or Hanukkah gifts to arrive on time — so experts recommend you start ordering them ASAP. If that doesn’t give you as much time to save up as you were ...

Utah Valley Calendar: Things to do – Nov. 27

AMERICAN FORK Vivace Fall Concert — The Vivace Youth Orchestras will perform at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 1 at the Valentine Theater. "Believe" concert — The Timpanogos Singers and Timpanogos Youth Choirs will perform "Believe" at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 11 at the Valentine Theater. ...

Garden Help Desk: Purchasing poinsettias and protecting from aphids

Poinsettias have been showing up in shops and nurseries for several days now. Maybe you’re an old hand at choosing a poinsettia, but if this is the year you’ll be selecting and taking home your first poinsettia, here are some tips for you. Shop early in the season for the best ...

Savvy Senior: Your old cellphone may not work in 2022

Dear Savvy Senior, My 80-year-old father has an old flip phone he carries around with him for emergency purposes, but I’ve heard that these devices will soon be phased out. Is this true? If so, how can we know if his phone will be affected, and where can I find him a simple new one that he ...

No wheelchairs, no school: Utah nonprofit helps disabled children in Rwanda

Steven Bailey is doing his part to see that disabled children in Rwanda won’t go without wheelchairs. Bailey, a retired building contractor who lives in South Ogden, and his wife, Sheryl, along with a Park City couple, Brent and Cheri Andrus, founded Angel Rider Wheelchairs, which builds ...