homepage logo
SUBSCRIBE

Community

Money Matters: Tax deductions you didn’t know about

It’s that time of year again — time to pull out the documents you haven’t seen in a few months and call up your tax advisor. With the average tax rate being 24.8% in 2022, many of us are looking for ways to lighten the financial burden. Let’s flip the script on the ever-dreaded tax ...

Mayors of Utah Valley: Lehi seeking design proposals for a new city flag

A couple of years ago, I received a call from professor Greg Jackson, who serves as one of our planning commissioners here in Lehi. He and I talk frequently about several issues regarding our great city and the nation. Admittedly, I rely on him when I have a question about history, ...

Tales from Utah Valley: Eating disorders and the damage social media inflicts

We all know that too much social media can be damaging in a variety of ways. It is especially alarming, however, to learn about the effects social media has on body image and eating disorders. Last week, I wrote about Eating Disorder Awareness Month, which takes place every February. Even ...

BYU: New program teaches both physical and digital product design

With the increase of hybrid physical and digital designs in the world of product design, professors and faculty of the Brigham Young University Department of Design are seeking to increase the chances of success for design students as they go forth to serve. Beginning in the fall semester of ...