homepage logo
SUBSCRIBE

Community

Garden Help Desk: Check temperatures before moving a lemon tree outdoors

I just bought this lemon bush and I have several questions. It’s a little over 2 feet tall and in a 2-gallon pot. Shall I repot it? How often shall I water and fertilize it? What fertilizer? Direct sun? At what temperature outside can I put it on the deck? Don’t repot yet. Your lemon ...

BYU: China Teachers Program celebrates 35 years

The year 2024 marks a big anniversary for an important bridge between Brigham Young University and China: It’s been 35 years since the China Teachers Program began sending English-speaking teachers to Chinese universities. The China Teachers Program, which is hosted by BYU’s David M. ...

Money Matters: Why you should start using high-yield savings accounts

Do you want to start saving more money by making your money work for you? High-yield savings accounts are the perfect option! They are known for offering phenomenal interest rates. In 2023, for instance, many offer rates checked in over an outstanding 4%. While achieving a high return on ...

Utah Valley Calendar: Things to do – Feb. 24

AMERICAN FORK Rhapsody in Blue concert — Hear one of the greatest American orchestral works ever as the American Fork Symphony performs with solosist Sonya Hammock at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 4 at American Fork Junior High. For tickets, visit TAFtix.com. Events at the American Fork Library ...

Tales from Utah Valley: Signs your teen may be in an unhealthy relationship

There is a lot going on in February, but something many people may not know about is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month. This occurs every February as a way to bring awareness to the problem, educate the public about signs and ways to help, and advocate for preventing teen violence. Why is ...