homepage logo
SUBSCRIBE

Community

Utah Valley Calendar: Things to do – Feb. 10

ONLINE Women in Leadership Executive Speaker Series upcoming events — The Utah Women & Leadership Project will present its Women in Leadership Executive Speaker Series through January. The events are free, but participants are asked to register in advance. Feb. 12: Susan Madsen will ...

Making a Difference: Building homes and lives through service

Reed Hasson, a Lehi resident, father of three and current president of Builders Without Borders of Utah, was taught how to serve at a very young age by his father. “One Christmas when our family lived in Brazil, we loaded up boxes of food and presents and drove out to the Brazilian desert ...

BYU: Journalism students film documentary about Maui wildfire disaster

Wildfires spread through Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, in August 2023. The disaster left more than 7,000 local residents in need of shelter, and the community has been working together for months to rebuild. In October 2023, four Brigham Young University journalism students and two professional ...

EveryDay Strong: Scheduled play time is important for families

As a mom, I sometimes feel like I am in a room with shrinking walls, trying to stop outside influences and demands from squeezing out my values and time with my kids. I find that I have to be very deliberate in planning family time as my tendency is to make my to-do list my priority. Of ...