homepage logo
SUBSCRIBE

Community

Tales from Utah Valley: Time to celebrate Women’s History Month

Did you know that former Pleasant Grove resident Susanna Mae Clark Grua, who was born in 1893, was a widow and single mother who contributed much to the history of this state? As part of Women’s History Month, Grua and other women are being celebrated, and for good reason. Grua’s list of ...

Garden Help Desk: Managing crabgrass and other grassy weeds

I had some crabgrass show up in my front lawn halfway through March. Just small sections of crabgrass dispersed throughout the Kentucky bluegrass. I have heard I can treat with a preemergent. Is it too late? What do you recommend? Every time I mow my lawn there are patches of grass that ...

Tales from Utah Valley: Eating disorders and the damage social media inflicts

We all know that too much social media can be damaging in a variety of ways. It is especially alarming, however, to learn about the effects social media has on body image and eating disorders. Last week, I wrote about Eating Disorder Awareness Month, which takes place every February. Even ...

Mayors of Utah Valley: Lehi seeking design proposals for a new city flag

A couple of years ago, I received a call from professor Greg Jackson, who serves as one of our planning commissioners here in Lehi. He and I talk frequently about several issues regarding our great city and the nation. Admittedly, I rely on him when I have a question about history, ...

Money Matters: Tips for staying on top of student loans

Are you drowning in debt, specifically in regard to student loans? You’re not alone. Many Americans struggle to pay back their debt once they are out of school. In 2023, the average amount owed in student debt for an individual was $38,290. Playing the tricky game of balancing student loans, ...