homepage logo

Community

Worship services for Aug. 29

NOTE: As issues with the COVID-19 virus continue to change, please contact individual churches for information on how they are handling worship services. Episcopal Church St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Worship services are currently being held in person each Sunday at 11 a.m. Please see our ...

Their Voice: Early intervention services are abundant in Utah County

Last week, I reintroduced early intervention for parents and caregivers who were not aware of the valuable resources they provide. This week, I thought I would take it one step farther and review the resources available through the three Utah County organizations. Starting from the south end ...

Understanding signs and solutions for TMJ

There’s more to a healthy mouth than teeth and gums. A healthy jaw is essential for proper function and flexibility. When it’s misaligned, it can cause pain and discomfort that impacts a patient’s ability to eat, sleep, breathe, talk and even kiss. Let’s talk more about the ...

Tales From Utah Valley: How to help our hungry neighbors

One in six people in Utah are at risk of missing a meal today. One in five kids in Utah are unsure of where their next meal will come from. These sobering statistics, from Utah Food Bank, illustrate the great need for those of us with extra to give to those who do not have enough. Last week, I ...

Albrecht: The future of Lehi parks and arts is in our hands

One of our local gems, Wines Park, was a donation of land from a local businessman more than 100 years ago. Although the ground was free, the deal required Lehi citizens to develop the park within a certain time frame in order to obtain the deed. Rather than force this financial obligation upon ...

Money Matters: Schooling your kids in the art of personal finance

You’ve likely heard the common millennial refrain, “I don’t know how to file my taxes, but at least I know that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell!” Biology basics are, of course, important. But with “more than 1 in 6 students in the US (not reaching) the baseline level ...

Savvy Senior: How to choose an adult day care services provider

Dear Savvy Senior, Can you offer any tips on choosing a good adult day care provider for an elderly parent? My 81-year-old father, who just moved in with me, has dementia and needs attention during the day while I’m at work. Need Assistance Dear Need, Adult day care services can be a ...

United Way of Utah County: Supporting education is a year-round effort

As we approach the end of the summer and the start of a new school year, I’m reminded of the importance of investing in our children’s education at all times of the year. Learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom, although our classrooms and teachers continue to be exemplary and are ...

Welcome back from new UVU student leader

With more in-person classes, activities, athletic games and more dining options on the horizon, it’s starting to feel like we’re surpassing the unprecedented times that COVID-19 has notoriously put us through. The pandemic has undeniably dismantled what we knew normal to mean. During the ...