homepage logo
SUBSCRIBE

Community

Money Matters: 4 ways to take the stress out of estate planning

Estate planning can bring up many emotions, both positive and negative. As you assess how you would like your assets to be divided up and who is responsible for financial obligations, you may experience stress since the meticulous process can be time-consuming. Give yourself grace through this ...

Tales from Utah Valley: Awareness of eating disorders brings hope

Many of us don’t know much about eating disorders. Some people don’t think they’re a real concern. Some people joke about them. The fact is that 10,200 deaths each year are the direct result of eating disorders. That’s about one death every 52 minutes. This past week was Eating ...

EveryDay Learners: The hidden lessons in children’s books

There are obvious reasons why we read books to children. They’re entertaining and tell enjoyable stories. They create bonding experiences between family members, expose children to new language (aiding in their own language development) and encourage creativity. Outside of these more ...

Garden Help Desk: Using nitrogen fertilizer to ensure healthy fruit trees

I have a Santa Rosa plum that's 3 years old and hasn't ever flowered, but it puts on 3 to 4 feet of growth each year. The lower half-ish of the tree has a lot of pointy stubs that look like places branches have died or been bitten back. I do have deer issues, but I have not seen similar ...

Utah Valley Calendar: Things to do – March 2

AMERICAN FORK Rhapsody in Blue concert — Hear one of the greatest American orchestral works ever as the American Fork Symphony performs with solosist Sonya Hammock at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 4 at American Fork Junior High. For tickets, visit TAFtix.com. "Finding Nemo Kids" — Embark with ...

UVU: Choosing the right college makes all the difference

Selecting the right college is one of the most important decisions students make during their academic journeys, and it is a choice full of uncertainty and complexity. With seemingly endless options spanning locations, academic programs, extracurricular activities and campus cultures, the ...