The 2019 BYU football schedule has many exciting games for the fans to watch. We rank which ones you should be most excited for this season.
- Phillip Morgan, Daily Herald
12. Liberty - Nov. 9 at LaVell Edwards Stadium
A (presumably) late kickoff in November against a Liberty team that struggled to win on the road in 2018. Bundle up, this one could be very cold.
11. Idaho State - Nov. 16 at LaVell Edwards Stadium
The game against Idaho State is in the afternoon, and Cougar fans should be able to sit back, relax and enjoy Senior Day.
10. UMass - Nov. 23 at Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium
After an embarrassing loss in 2017, the Cougars beat the Minutemen in 2018. Now, a trip to Amherst, Massachusetts, should be another BYU victory.
9. Toledo - Sept. 28 at Glass Bowl
Coming off a taunting four-game start to the season, this game against Toledo could catch BYU low on energy against the high-scoring Rockets.
8. South Florida - Oct. 12 at Raymond James Stadium
Raymond James Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, will be the 13th NFL stadium that BYU has played in.
7. San Diego State - Nov. 30 at San Diego County Credit Union Stadium
A familiar foe from the Mountain West Conference days, the last time the Aztecs faced BYU, Kyle Van Noy single-handedly won the 2012 Poinsettia Bowl.
6. Utah State - Nov. 2 at Maverik Stadium
After a losses to the Aggies in 2017 and 2018, BYU is looking for revenge in 2019. Utah State hasn't won three consecutive games against BYU since 1972-74.
5. Boise State - Oct. 19 at LaVell Edwards Stadium
The only time BYU has beaten Boise State has been at LaVell Edwards Stadium. This rivalry game should be a good one for fans to watch.
4. Washington - Sept. 21 at LaVell Edwards Stadium
The Cougars have struggled against the purple power from the Pacific Northwest, scoring a total of 23 points in the past two meetings.
3. Tennessee - Sept 7 at Neyland Stadium
This the first time BYU has travelled to Knoxville. From the checkered endzones to singing “Rocky Top” an upset for the Cougars would be sweet following the rivalry game vs. Utah.
2. USC - Sept. 14 at LaVell Edwards Stadium
The last time USC played in Provo the Trojans were ranked No. 1 in the country with Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush dominating the Cougars on offense in 2005. USC is not that team anymore, and in fact, is coming off a 5-7 season in 2018. Now is the time to knock off the Trojans at LaVell Edwards Stadium
1. Utah - Aug. 29 at LaVell Edwards Stadium
Let’s see, Utah has won eight games in a row, and 13 of the last 16 meetings. BYU has not won against Utah since Max Hall found Andrew George for a touchdown in overtime during the 2009 game..
But at the end of the day, the fact that it’s Utah and also the season opener for both teams, should be motivation enough for BYU fans.